|Place an Order
Benshaw's MVRXE Series is a family of microprocessor controlled solid state reduced voltage starters for three phase induction motors. MVRXE Series starters provide a closed-loop current ramp for smooth stepless motor acceleration and are supplied in a free standing enclosure.
MVRXE Series starters provide solid state reduced voltage starting for normal operation and full voltage emergency back-up starting, with complete motor protection at the flip of a switch. This unique redundant design is ideal for critical applications where downtime is extremely disruptive and cannot be tolerated.
MVRXE enclosures are available in NEMA 12 or NEMA 3R configurations. Each MVRXE enclosure consists of two distinct compartments. The medium voltage or power pole section is located in the main body of the enclosure, while a low voltage section containing control logic is located behind the door as an isolated compartment.
Each MVRXE Series starter is supplied with a load break isolation switch, Class "R" motor fuses, inline vacuum contactor, solid state power poles, and a vacuum bypass contactor, which is used to bypass the SCR power poles once the motor is up to full speed. The MVRXE Series' logic control incorporates a micro computer which has all the circuitry required to drive the power semi-conductors located in the power section.
Key advantages include:
- NEMA 12, redundant solid state starter
- Benshaw MX3 controller
- 45/60KV BIL
- 8,000 PIV - UL347 certified and listed at 2.4KV to 1500HP (max 360A)
- 12,000 PIV - UL347 certified and listed at 4.2KV to 3000HP (max 360A)
- 200MVA (2300VAC) / 350MVA (5000VAC) short circuit fault rated
- 350% - 500% - 30 seconds rated
- Fixed mounted, start duty rated vacuum contactors for isolation and SCR bypass, wired for normal bypass operation and full voltage start operation, with (2) N/O and (2) N/C auxiliary contacts
- Modbus communications standard
- Service entrance labeled
- Built-In-Self-Test (BIST) for "quick commissioning"
- Fiber optic firing
- Selectable solid state or full voltage operation via selector switch mounted inside the low voltage compartment
- 400A load break, 5KV rated disconnect switch, with viewing window, grounding assembly and lockable handle mechanism
- Load matched Class R fusing with blown fuse indication
- Fixed mounted, start duty rated vacuum contactors for isolation and SCR bypass, wired for normal bypass operation and full voltage start operation, with (2) N/O and (2) N/C auxiliary contaacts
- Separately mounted SPE Series overload device
- 120VAC, 1000VA CPT with primary and secondary fusing
- Door-mounted start/stop/reset pushbuttons, LCD keypad and local-off-remote switch
- Terminal strip included for remote start/stop control and up-to-speed indication
- Modbus communications